All activities involving young people at St. Pancras Church are covered by a detailed Child Protection Policy. The following statement outlines the principles which underpin the policy.
Statement on Child Protection
The Vicar and PCC of St Pancras Church believe that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognise their responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We recognise that:
- the welfare of the child/young person is paramount
- all children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- working in partnership with children, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of this policy:
- To provide protection for all children and young people attending St Pancras Church’s clubs and groups.
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
This policy applies to all paid staff and volunteers working on behalf of St Pancras Church.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
- valuing them, listening to and respecting them
- adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers
- sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, involving parents and children appropriately
- providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
- Taking care of and limiting access to children’s personal information records.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually.
To download a PDF copy of the full Child Protection Policy, please click here.